Tuesday, December 20, 2011

slow poke


I finally finished a baby boy quilt for one of my friends and co-workers. It is only my second quilt, and my first done solely on a sewing machine. This is my first attempt to use pre-cuts, and I must say it makes the steps so much easier for a beginner!


Like me, my friend is a Steelers fan, but I didn't want to use the Steelers fabric that is available because it all looks the same. So instead I chose a charm pack of Fairy Tale Friends by American Jane for Moda because it is still childlike, includes some of that Steelers black and gold, but is also beautiful and high-quality fabric.


While the final product was as basic as a quilt can be, I was so excited that I was able to make and give a handmade gift to a friend. I am in the process of making some applique onesies for her little guy, then I will attempt to sew my first "grown-up" bed quilt, which should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment